Monday, July 12, 2010

"Homework" and Christmas Outfits

I am a crazy mom and really don't want Ry to start 1st having forgotten anything from Kindergarten. So, we spend about 30 minutes a day doing what the kids call "homework". I found some workbooks for Ry on Scholastic.com and figured that B would be left out, so she has some tracing and counting books. Ry so far can do all of the work on his own and B is getting really good at tracing and pretty much knows her abc's. She LOVES to do work...Riley is a little reluctant at times, though he does a really good job. He has GREAT printing!!! I loved school and really want my kids to love it too and know how important it is to do well! Here's to hoping!!
I FINALLY put the kids in their Christmas outfits yesterday!!! I know it is the middle of the summer, really don't care! I am not so crazy as to dress them just for a quick picture...so they were all Christmas-ed out for church in JULY!!!

They wouldn't let go of each other for separate pictures, so I cropped! Imagine this dress with white tights and black, Paten leather, knee-high boots (and B a little shorter!!) and that was her in the winter!! SO CUTE!!!! I am sure her hair was done too...we were in a hurry!
My Mr. Man...since Christmas he has grown out of his shoes and pants!!! He also had a tie on, but it was all twisted and Ty was already at church! You get the picture! He may be wearing this outfit this Christmas...should fit him still...I hope!!!
Well now I have to get to work! Laundry, sorting, packing and organizing. Need to make sure all lanterns have batteries, all sleeping bags are clean and accounted for....oil changed in the van and van nice and CLEAN! Yes, I am the crazy lady to cleans the car before a road trip. I can't stand being in a dirty car for that long!!! Carpinteria here we come...Ty and the kids are super excited...I am a little tired thinking about all of the work. But I do love hanging with the family and the kids have a TON of fun! This is the 60th year! What kind of wife would I be if I didn't support such a family tradition???? It is just a lot of work for a vacation, that's all!
One more of my super cute kiddos!! Can't wait to see what Hayden is going to look like!!!





0 comments: