Friday, April 17, 2009

Will I ever learn?

I am SOOOOO tired...why you ask? Because I stayed up until 3 AM watching DVR shows, just so that I could delete them! I have a touch of OCD...that said, when my DVR gets above 70 hours of recorded materials, I need to purge them! Not just want to - HAVE TO! Yes, so now my DVR is down to 20 or 30 hours, but I am super, duper tired! Not the smartest, I know, I know! :)

On another note, the reason I needed to unwind last night and watch some of my shows was because the kitchen gave me a workout last night. Who knew drilling screws into cement board was so tiring? Not I! I had visions of zooming right through them, not a drop of sweat!! Oh, I also thought, how hard could it be to drill them in straight?!!?!? I am so not handy. RIDICULOUS!! I would just like to find out that I am naturally good at something, anything USEFUL!!! I know, poor me! Ty just laughed at me as I dropped my screws, the drill slipped, along with one or two (minor) explicatives!! Fun, fun.

Enough of my rant! My next post I am going to need some assistance from you guys. We are going with green, black and white in our kitchen and need help picking a green for the accent wall!! I would paint the WHOLE kitchen green - but Ty wont let me. He keeps reminding me to stay neutral (because we will eventually sell this place - 5 or 6 years tops!). Neutral is NO fun! I like color. He says that I can go crazy with the back splash!! Anyway, I will take a pic of the main wall color and post some paint card samples!!! I know I have plenty of talented and opinionated peeps out there, please don't let me down!! Thanks!

5 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Hey, I'm going to be in Pocatello at the beginning of June. Is that near where you live? I would love to see you guys and meet your cute little ones.

jillian said...

remember that paint can be changed in a half a day! I say paint it whatever color you want! I rented a house for 3 years and I painted every square inch of that house in the colors I wanted and I loved it. It really makes your house a home!

Stacey said...

I totally agree with Jillian- if someone comes to look at the house to buy it and see a really taste specific backsplash all they are going to think of is how they are going to have to pick out tile, grout, and tear up a wall in the process (and most people find that a bit overwhelming and would have to hire someone). If they see a color they dont like big deal- get out the rollers.

Heather Farar said...

Don't worry- I'm a Construction Management major and many of my home improvement projects still get the better of me. Five years is plenty of time to enjoy the house whatever way you want it. You can always pack up all the extras and return the walls to a "nice neutral" before you list your house. Good luck

cherise and Tristan said...

I love the color combo. I have seen that in a few homes and it looks so good. Can't wait to see it all done. Oh and congrats on the loan repayment that is such a blessing. What would husbands do without us to take care of all that stuff?