Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Maui - "Helicopter Fly-er"

This is the volcano crater from the air
The shore of Hana, this is definately the way to see Hana, the "road to Hana" should be named the "road to Pukville"!

So we totally splurged and Ty, Ry and I went on a helicopter ride! It was awesome and we will be doing it again! Ry and I were in the front and we had the best views! Ry was excited and dancing around the 2 days before and up until about 10 minutes before we got on the copter. He kept asking, are we going yet?, Let's go mom!, and so forth. Then 10 minutes before it was time to get on when they gave us the life vests to put around out waist, he was so NERVOUS. He kept saying, "mom, we don't need to go. I think I will just stay here and watch the helicopter take off and land". (Ty and Ry often go to the small airport and watch planes). We coaxed him on and he sat sooooooooooooooo still with his head down for about two minutes CLUTCHING my hand! It was kind of funny!! After that he wouldn't stop talking into the microphone - HE LOVED IT! He kept saying the whole trip, "Mom, I am going to be a helicopter fly-er"!!!! It was awesome!!!!


Air vent holes from when Haleakala erupted
Pretty Waterfalls
Me in my gear
More waterfalls
Our helicopter. I will do another post when I find the rest of the pics!!!

0 comments: