Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tyson has a JOB!!!

Now that I have gotten caught up for the summer...on to the news for fall! (Sorry, I have a touch of OCD and need to blog chronologically). Tyson has interviewed with a few Orthopedic Surgeons (he loves the surgery), but we had been holding out...hoping and PRAYING (a lot) for a family practice job in Malad, Idaho. Let me explain. As a PA Tyson has to take the certification exam every 6 years, should he specialize (ortho) right away, he would have to really study for the exam every 6 years throughout his career. Spending his first few years in family practice will give him a very strong general medical foundation!!! Also, Malad is considered an under served, rural area and therefore qualifies for LOAN REPAYMENT. Finally, the cost of living is very low in Malad, Idaho and it is only 45 minutes away from where we live now.
With all of that said, Tyson was finally offered the job on Wednesday (10-15-2008). YAY!!!!!! We have been extremely blessed and are very thankful for this job opportunity! The pay is great, the loan repayment will start in a few months and we know where we are going to be for the next 5 or so years!!! Just wanted to share our good news with all of you and I will be emailing our new mailing address and all that information soon!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great news! Congratulations!

Marissa said...

Freakin' awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! When are you moving?

Justin & Amber said...

Yay for Tyson! Im so excited for you guys. Now I can come visit you in Idaho...never been. Then I can add that to my list of states visited!!

Stephanie said...

Yeah! Congrats!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Congratulations!! Where exactly in Idaho are you? My parents moved to Pocatello. Are you far from there?

Elder Driessen said...

Tyson and Mindi!!

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your adorable family!
What an awesome blessing in many ways. Malad is lucky to have you! Very cute blog Mindi, it's great to read about and see how you and your family (extended too) are doing.

Stephanie Driessen :)

Mary said...

Hi Mindi! I'm Tyson's Bio Instructor from FC. Hurray for Tyson! And you! I'm so glad it's working out so well. Good luck in Idaho!