Friday, March 6, 2009

Remodeling

Remodels are difficult. That being said, we are managing to survive and we are getting there. The kitchen is down to the studs, Ty installed our recessed lighting and is working on running the plumbing and installing the outlets and a patio door!! My job is to get drywall quotes so that we will get that done super quick! I cannot wait to cook again and eat a meal around a table. I truly do not like eating on the couch while everyone watches the TV.

This is my front room/kitchen area right now.
This is where I do food prep and cook on my electric skillet.

Behold, the mighty microwave...such magic! A somewhat decent meal in minutes. It is getting used way too much right now.

On a brighter note...we now have full strength water pressure in the shower!!!! The shower before wasn't really a true shower. Imagine, there is the tub faucet and from the top of the faucet runs a hose that connects to the "shower head" and the water for the shower is actually coming from the faucet. The water literally dribbled on us. You don't want to know how long it took to wash my hair!! In just a couple of hours, Ty managed to install piping and run it up for a real shower head!! YAY. Now, I shower too long because I am actually warm. :)

Please forgive the ugly paint and OLD tile, the bathroom is next on the remodel list. Those red hole brackets were from the fake shower head!





1 comments:

Justin & Amber said...

Poor Mindi...When its all done and your not going crazy anymore maybe I can come visit...no im not asking....I will come visit!