Saturday, May 9, 2009

Amped, Pumped....Super Excited!

Yes, I am soooo Excited, I just cannot contain myself!! Last night Ty and I (mostly Ty) grouted the kitchen floor. This afternoon and evening (he is actually still going) I helped him carry in the base cabinets and he has been just such a BUSY bee, he has the stove/fridge wall completely done!!! The counter top is cut, just needs to be drilled and caulked!!! My fridge in actually in my kitchen - NO LONGER IN MY LIVING ROOM!! Words cannot express just how thrilled I am! This is so the home stretch!! We should be functional no later than next weekend and hopefully we can be completely finished before Ry's b-day party (like 5 year olds care!!) This just rocks!! Four months without a kitchen has taken it's toll on us and we are so ready to start cooking and having friends over!

Speaking of friends...we are settling nicely into Malad. The Driessens from our stake in Cali live in Samaria, ID, which is only 10 minutes away (if that)! Riley and Dylan get along great and we all enjoy hanging out! It is so nice! I have also made some friends in my ward...we have a rather big group of younger marrieds. I say "younger" because they are ALL younger than me! SO not used to being the oldest one around! It really has been great! My friend Andrea is going to be helping me with Ry's party!! I am not a sewer...not even a hemmer, nada! She is super crafty and talented and is helping me with the jedi and space princess outfits for our Jedi Training Academy! Ry is VERY excited and I am getting really pumped too! This is our first "friends/kids only" party! It is going to be super cool! I LOVE the Internet, so many ideas! I don't want to spoil it, so pics and a post from the party will be up shortly after 5/23!

1 comments:

Heather Farar said...

Definitely something to celebrate.... by going out to eat! :)