Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Birthday Day - Riley 5

So, Riley's 5th birthday fell on a Wednesday...his party wasn't until Saturday. I asked Ry what he wanted to do and what he wanted for dinner. His replies, "I just want red noodles (Ramen) and salad...okay mom, that sounds yummy" and "well, let's just take Zeus for a walk when dad gets home, that is really what I want to do." Ty comes home (I have not talked to him), so Ry what do you want to do for your birthday? Let's go to Logan and see a movie. Ry: that's okay, I want to stay here in Malad and take Zeus for a walk. Ty: Really, Ry? How about we go bowling. Ry: Nope, just let's take Zeus for a walk. I am LAUGHING at this conversation! Ty finally relents and we all go for a walk. Well, Ry and B are in his Jeep Power Wheels! So when we get home and Ry parks his Jeep, okay dad...I am ready to go bowlin'! So....we went bowling. We were out way too late, but it was fun!

Me and my birthday boy!
B, the cheerleader. She kept saying, "go Wiley, go Wiley...YAY!!!" all the while clapping! She was super cute!

Daddy and the birthday boy! (Ty and his CLONE)
Ry in action
More of Ry in action.
And to top it off, one of the games, Riley beat me! He loved it...me, not so much!





6 comments:

Sheri said...

Looks like his Birthday and Birthday Party were so much fun! You are so creative!

Justin & Amber said...

You did such a good job on the party! How fun...I wish i was 5 so i could have come! Ok so the pics of the pinata out in the yard...is that your back yard? Its nice and green! ANd you look good in the pics! Tell everyone I said Hey.

Stephanie said...

ADORABLE Mindi! I love how pleased children can be with simplicity! Happy Birthday Riley!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Happy Birthday to Riley. I can't believe you have a five year old. I will be in Pocatello next week. I would love to drive over and see you. Where exactly do you live? Can you send me an email: cectraphillips@yahoo.com so we can set something up. Send me your #.

Justin & Amber said...

We are going after Justin graduates on June 13th. He wants to have a mini vacay before he starts work for like the next year! Or until he gets into med school

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Riley! I love the picture of you and Ry at the bowling alley. So cute!