Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sometimes...they really do get hurt!!

Yes, sometimes they really do get hurt when they don't listen to mom and dad!!!! Let me paint the scene for you...Sunday afternoon and cousins are playing in Grandma's backyard (cluff side). Riley's' "Jeep Hurricane" power wheels is the activity of choice. Kaitlynn (Ry's not quite 2 1/2 year old cousin) is driving and Riley (though he has been told many times to sit in the seat with his seat belt on) is sitting on the back of the Jeep telling Kaitlynn to go fast, slowdown, turn and just yelling like the crazy 4 year old that he is. All of the sudden Kaitlynn SLAMS on the brakes, Riley flips over and his head ends up where his feet would have been if he were sitting in the passenger seat with his seat belt!!!! Kaitlynn was rather unfazed by all of this as Ry cries out: "Kaitlynn, I told you not to hurt me"!!! I tried not to laugh and say I told you so!!!!! Meanwhile, Kaitlynn drives off as Riley clings to me crying. He cried even more when he looked in the mirror and said, "Oh, man!!! Mom, it is broken (add sobs and whining, you with kids should know how to do it)!!!! These are his battle wounds or marks of disobedience!!! (They are healing up nicely!!!

Not too sure where the dirt on his nose came from!!!
His eye was pretty black Monday. Everywhere we go people ask him what happens, he recounts the story with sound effects and all! He really can be quite funny!!!
My little guy, happy as ever.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yes, I have found it to be quite useful to listen to my parents. Of course, when I don't, and they're right, I'm far to stubborn to admit it.

Stephanie said...

Aww....poor guy.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Justin & Amber said...

Hey Mindi,
Ok so when I look at this picture I can still hear Riley singing "Dragon Mountain" in my head...