Thursday, February 19, 2009

Getting outside

So, when I picked Ry up from school I was dragging. I have no clue why I am just so dang tired! I was ready to go home, feed B and put her down for a nap and plop into bed! Then I asked Ry if he wanted to go for a walk. His response, "Mom, that is a great idea. Okay, you push the stroller and walk and I will ride my bike, Okay mom? Does that sound good, mom?" We did that every day of the last spring and early summer. It was really fun. That kid just remembers everything, except for the rules!! So I got Brie warm and toasty and brought Ry's bike out of our enclosed patio turned storage unit. He was so excited!!! We walked around the neighborhood and the sun felt great, even though it was only 36 degrees today. Seriously felt much warmer!! Ry managed to ride through every puddle that I told him to watch out for (maybe next time I won't say anything and he won't notice them). Other than that he was perfect. He stayed close by and only needed a couple of nudges to get up the hill. It was a little tricky...not everyone clears their walks. I can't say anything, if we didn't have a snow blower our walks would be snow covered as well. So some of our walk was on sidewalks and some in the street. It is a quiet place and just really so beautiful. I am enjoying the fresh air and the mountain scenery. Even better, I am now not tired! No nap necessary. I just need to get off of my rump!!!!

Feeling refreshed after our walk. Ry wanted his bike in the picture
The mud splatters from his puddle riding

My two kiddos!! I love that she wears this hat. Ty's mom knit it for her and I just love how colorful and bright it is! They are starting to play really well together and she adores him. If you ask her if she loves you, she'll say no. Then I asked her, "B do you love Ry Ry?" Her reply, "yeah" - then I asked about me again, "NO". Gotta love it! No is definitely her FAVORITE word right now! She's a bit of a stink! But we love her for it.



1 comments:

Sheri said...

Cute blog! Your kids are so cute, and I too LOVE Costco. I got the greatest snow gloves for the kids there this year. If only there was one closer. Oh well.